Maksym Drabik won EKO-DIR FIM Speedway World Championship round in Poznań with full 21 points. Podium was completed by Bartosz Smektała and Jevgeniy Kostygov.
The morning in Poznań was very rainy. That’s why riders didn’t do any training before competition, which itself wasn’t endangered. Organizers made anything to run first round of EKO-DIR FIM Speedway U-21 World Championship.
Finally tournament started with an hour long delay. First series was successful for Polish riders, who won their races. How important was first U-21 round in Poznań, was proven by two race repeats due to broken tapes by Jevgeniy Kostygov and Rafał Karczmarz.
A dangerous situation took place in heat 5, when Kacper Woryna and Robert Lambert fell in first corner. TV replay showed that Pole was the one guilty, so he was excluded. Dimitri Berge has a lot of bad luck, because he had two failures on the start. Also, Alexander Woentin's performance wasn’t great. Swede can’t do anything on long track in Poznań. When he fell in heat 6, his bike remained in the middle of the track, and because of that referee Susanne Huettinger had to stop the race and score results.
Supporters gathered on Golęcin stadium saw the fastest race in Poznań’s history. Max Fricke passed 4 laps in 65,22s, faster than Tai Woffinden on July 3rd, 2016. Therefore Fricke is a new record holder.
In heat 13, Kacper Woryna was inplicated in another dangerous situation. Pole had some problems in the first corner of second lap. Fortunately, fall wasn't as bad as it seemed. Although Woryna hung up on band, air fences saved him from injury.
Fans waited for Maksym Drabik vs Robert Lambert duel. „Max”, despite bad start, overtook rivals on second straight. Unfortunately, Robert Lambert wasn’t as fast as in his previous races. Briton didn’t ride with confidence, because his wrists hurt a lot after fall in heat 5.
In first semifinal it was close to huge accident again. Andreas Lyager, riding third, hit Jack Holder. Fortunately, Aussie remainded on his bike. Dane hadn’t much luck, because with symptoms of broken collarbone, he was transported to hospital. Last part of competition was Maksym Drabik's show, who won his semifinal and final. Futhermore, he scored full 21 points! Bartosz Smektała placed second, while third place was taken by Latvian Javgeniy Kostygov.
1. Maksym Drabik #133 (Poland) 21 (3,3,3,3,3,3,3)
2. Bartosz Smektała #115 (Poland) 15 (2,1,2,3,2,3,2)
3. Jevgenijs Kostigovs #113 (Latvia) 11 (t,2,2,1,3,2,1)
4. Dominik Kubera #463 (Poland) 10 (3,2,w,1,2,2,0)
5. Max Fricke #1 (Australia) 15 (2,3,3,3,3,1)
6. Jack Holder #25 (Australia) 11 (2,2,1,2,3,1)
7. Robert Lambert #505 (Great Britain) 9 (3,3,3,d,0,0)
8. Andreas Lyager #114 (Denmark) 8 (0,2,3,1,2,w)
9. Brady Kurtz #101 (Australia) 6 (2,1,2,0,1)
10. Kacper Woryna #222 (Pland) 5 (3,w,0,w,2)
11. Eduard Krcmar #263 (Czech Rep.) 5 (1,d,0,3,1)
12. Dimitri Berge #96 (France) 5 (d,d,2,2,1)
13. Rafał Karczmarz #16 (Poland) 4 (t,3,1,0,0)
14. Patrick Hansen #124 (Denmark) 4 (1,1,0,2,u)
15. Lukas Fienhage #76 (Germany) 3 (d,d,1,2,d)
16. Alexander Woentin #73 (Sweden) 3 (d,w,1,1,1)
17. Damian Dróżdż #17 (Poland) (1) 1
18. Alex Zgardziński #18 (Poland) (1) 1
1. (66,25) Kacper Woryna, Brady Kurtz, Damian Dróżdż, Alexander Woentin (ef), Jevgenijs Kostigovs (t)
2. (66,19) Robert Lambert, Bartosz Smektała, Alex Zgardziński, Lukas Fienhage, Rafał Karczmarz (t)
3. (65,59) Maksym Drabik, Max Fricke, Eduard Krcmar, Andreas Lyager
4. (66,53)Dominik Kubera, Jack Holder, Patrick Hansen, Dimitri Berge (ed)
5. (66,15) Robert Lambert, Andreas Lyager, Patrick Hansen, Kacper Woryna (ex)
6. (00,00) Maksym Drabik, Dominik Kubera, Bartosz Smektała, Alexander Woentin (ex)
7. (66,50) Max Fricke, Jevgenijs Kostigovs, Domitri Berge (d), Lukas Fienhage (ef)
8. (66,37) Rafał Karczmarz, Jack Holder, Brady Kurtz, Eduard Krcmar (ef)
9. (65,22) Max Fricke, Bartosz Smektała, Jack Holder, Kacper Woryna
10. (66,53) Robert Lambert, Dimitri Berge, Alexander Woentin, Eduard Krcmar
11. (68,78) Andreas Lyager, Jevgenijs Kostigovs, Rafał Karczmarz, Dominik Kubera (ex)
12. (66,44) Maksym Drabik, Brady Kurtz, Lukas Fienhage, Patrick Hansen
13. (68,19) Eduard Krcmar, Lukas Fienhage, Dominik Kubera, Kacper Woryna (ex)
14. (65,78) Max Fricke, Patrick Hansen, Alexander Woentin, Rafał Karczmarz
15. (66,78) Maksym Drabik, Jack Holder, Jevgenijs Kostigovs, Robert Lambert (ef)
16. (67,06) Bartosz Smektała, Dimitri Berge, Andreas Lyager, Brady Kurtz
17. (67,04) Maksym Drabik, Kacper Woryna, Dimitri Berge, Rafał Karczmarz
18. (67,19) Jack Holder, Andreas Lyager, Alexander Woentin, Lukas Fienhage (ef)
19. (67,50) Jevgienijs Kostigovs, Bartosz Smektała, Eduard Krcmar, Patrick Hansen (ef)
20. (66,37) Max Fricke, Dominik Kubera, Brady Kurtz, Robert Lambert
21. (67,81) Maksym Drabik, Jevgienijs Kostigovs, Jack Holder, Andreas Lyager (ex)
22. (67,12) Bartosz Smektała, Dominik Kubera, Max Fricke, Robert Lambert
23. (67,50) Maksym Drabik, Bartosz Smektała, Jevgienijs Kostigovs, Dominik Kubera