Kacper Woryna is one of four representatives of Poland, who will compete in this year's EKO-DIR FIM Speedway U21 World Championship. ROW Rybnik's rider has been having time of his career, and junior WC medals is right around the corner.
Kacper Woryna was born on August 31, 1996, grandson of double medalist of Individual Speedway World Championship - Antoni woryna. Started his career from racing in 80cc category. His first "serious" success came in 2014. During the final of Individual Junior European Championship, which took place in Rybnik, Kacper was second, losing only with Vaclav Milik.
Current season is so fat the best in Kacper Woryna's career. He's been impressing fans with his effectiveness, which is confirmed in his points average in PGE Ekstraliga. Woryna is currently 15th and his statistics - 2,00 points per heat puts him on the top of Junior WC line up among riders who start in Polish top league.
EKO-DIR FIM Speedway U21 World Championship 2017 will be Woryna's debut on a road to the golden medal of world championship. For the National Polish Team's rider, his way to the finals started in Terenzano, where Woryna had a great performance. Four heat wins in a row made Pole end in the TOP 4, which secured spots for the main tournament, which rounds will be held in Poznań, Guestrow and Pardubice. Despite his sure promotion, Woryna steps into this rivalry with distance and respect for his rivals.
- It will be a tournament of the world's best juniors. Each of them has a chance to win it. It will be my debut, however I don't feel pressure. It will be a great lesson for the future - Woryna said.
First round of the Individual Speedway Junior World Championship will take place in Poznań. For Polish riders, it's quite a handicap, because they're on a short list of riders, who have already had a chance to start on this track. This year, Kacper Woryna had a chance to race there during the quarter-final of Individual Polish Championship. ROW Rybnik's rider was 3rd with 11 points gathered.
- I haven't had a chance to start in Güstrow, but I like racing in Poznań and Pardubice. If track will be prepared well, fans will witness a great show - Woryna added.
Despite a great season, Kacper Woryna doesn't predict any particular result. For him, it's all about safety.
- I want to have fun, but most importantly go through the whole season in good health. If I'll be able to do so, I'll be happy - Woryna ended.
1st Round of the EKO-DIR Speedway U-21 World Championship comes on July 23, 5 PM CET in Poznań (Poland). Tickets are still available and can be purchased via www.bilety.pszpoznan.com.pl
Ticket prices go as below:
Numbered seats - 30 PLN
Unnumbered seats - 20 PLN
Junior ticket - 5 PLN (not for numbered stands)
Children under 6 y.o. - Free
Official starting list - 1st round of EKO-DIR FIM Speedway U21 World Championship:
1. (#222) Kacper Woryna (Poland)
2. (#73) Alexander Woentin (Sweden)
3. (#113) Jevgenijs Kostigovs (Latvia)
4. (#101) Brady Kurtz (Australia)
5. (#505) Robert Lambert (Great Britain)
6. (#115) Bartosz Smektala (Poland)
7. (#76) Lukas Fienhage (Germany)
8. (#16) Rafał Karczmarz (Poland) - Wild Card
9. (#114) Andreas Lyager Hansen (Denmark)
10. (#133) Maksym Drabik (Poland)
11. (#1) Max Fricke (Australia)
12. (#263) Eduard Krcmar (Czech Republic)
13. (#124) Patrick Hansen (Denmark)
14. (#463) Dominik Kubera (Poland)
15. (#96) Dimitri Bergé (France)
16. (#25) Jack Holder (Australia)
17. Damian Dróżdź (Poland)
18. Alex Zgardziński (Poland)