EKO-DIR FIM Speedway U-21 World Championship – it’s the official name of this year’s Individual Junior World Championship and inaugurations comes on July 23 in Poznań. Title of the world's best junior will be defended by australian - Max Fricke.
- It's our second year of being an official promoter of the juniow world championship. We've been repeating a lot that it takes time to put this tournament on a right track. It's the first time in the history that all three rounds will be broadcasted live on eleven sports network. morover, it's a great news, that we've managed to get a title sponsor - EKO-DIR recykling - said Karol Lejman, chairman of the One Sport company - series' organizer.
- We decided to come to Poznan, because it's a great promotion for a local speedway. After years of drought, fans will be able to watch world's best juniors. That's the speedway event, that hasn't been in poznan ever. We are sure that the EKO-DIR FIM speedway u-21 world championship will be attended by many fans.
Main sponsor - EKO-DIR recykling is glad of cooperation with one sport and being involved in rivalry of the world's best juniors.
- Our cooperation has been going really great and that's why we've decided to get involved into being a title sponsor of the junior world championship. One Sport company offered good conditions, thanks to which, we will be able to present ourselves at the international market - Krzysztof Bazela, representative of the EKo-DIR recykling added.
Organization of the first round of the series is also a great joy for the city of poznań.
- Full stands at the stadium in Poznań is a really important matter for us. Promotional aspect is crucial here. I'm really glad that such a big event will start in our city - Poznań. Venue is prepared perfectly, so i would like to invite everyone to attend this meeting on july 23 - said vice-president of the city of Poznań, Jędrzej Solarski.
- It will be the biggest event in the history of our club. Junior world championship is really a high-level thing and i'm sure it will be the best round that has ever taken place so far. I encourage all the fans to come, because many poles will have a chance to fight for the rostrum. I honestly cannot wait - said Arkadiusz Ładziński, chairman of the Naturalna Medycyna PSŻ Poznań.
Let's add that other rounds of the championship will take place in guestrow and pardubice and all of them will be broadcasted by eleven sports.
- Eleven appeared at the polish market in 2015 and since then it has developed. We are really glad that this tournament will be present on our channels, because speedway will be of their core aspects. Next to the junior world championship, we have rights to swedish and british league. It's not the end, though, because we also have matches of the nice 1 liga żużlowa and meetings of the national polish team organized by One Sport. besides, I have a personal satisfaction that this first round will take place in Poznan, because it's where i'm from, so i feel like home - said Krzysztof Świergiel, managing director of the eleven sports network group in poland.
During the press conference, we also met the names of three riders, who got the "wild cards" for this year's FIM Speedway U-21 World Championship. they were announced by Armando Castagna, who also shared his opinion of upcoming series.
- I am really proud of cooperation with the one sport company. junior world championship is going in some right direction and i'm sure it will continue to develop. line up is really strong. Each rounds will be very interesting. "Wild cards, which we're about to share in a moment, will definitely increase its value - said Armando Castagna.
Wild cards for season 2017:
Max Fricke (Australia)
Patrick Hansen (Dania)
Alexander Woentin (Szwecja)
Michael Haertel (Niemcy)
Gleb Chugunov (Rosja)
Jonas Jeppesen (Dania)