Jakub Miśkowiak won the second round of the Individual Junior World Championship which was held in Krosno. The podium was completed by Mateusz Cierniak and Mads Hansen. After today's meeting, Miśkowiak became the new leader of the interim classification of the series.
It was a great evening for Mateusz Cierniak and Mateusz Świdnicki. Both of them scored 14 points each and were the first to advance to the semi-finals. Jakub Miśkowiak, who scored 12 points took third place. Mads Hansen had his troubles through the regular phase of the meeting, but with 10 points scored he got a promotion to the semis from the fifth place. Francis Gusts, Jan Kvech, Wiktor Lampart and Petr Chlupac also advanced to the semifinals.
In the semis we witnessed falls, due to which Gusts and Świdnicki were excluded. Unexpectedly, Hansen and Lampart won their races while Miśkowiak and Cierniak advanced to the final from the second places. It's worth mentioning, that Cierniak was involved in a huge crash, but he was able to take second place in heat no 21.
In the final heat Hansen was the fastest from the start, but both Miśkowiak and Cierniak managed to overtake him at the second corner. Miśkowiak crossed the finish line first - Hansen was third, just behind Cierniak. Those results mean that before the final round in Pardubice the Polish rider is the leader of the interim classification. The Dane is just two points behind Miśkowiak.
1. Jakub Miśkowiak – 17 (3,3,3,0,3,2,3)
2. Mateusz Cierniak – 18 (3,2,3,3,3,2,2)
3. Mads Hansen – 14 (3,0,2,2,3,3,1)
4. Wiktor Lampart – 12 (t,2,2,3,2,3,0)
5. Jan Kvech – 11 (2,1,3,3,1,1)
6. Petr Chlupac – 8 (0,2,2,1,2,1)
7. Mateusz Świdnicki – 14 (2,3,3,3,3,w)
8. Francis Gusts – 12 (3,3,2,2,2,w)
9. Alexander Woentin – 6 (2,1,0,2,1)
10. Marko Lewishyn – 5 (w,2,1,2,0)
11. Mark Karion – 4 (1,3,w,-,-)
12. Michał Curzytek – 4 (1,t,2,1)
13. Daniił Kolodinskis – 4 (2,w,1,1,w)
14. Matthew Gilmore – 4 (1,0,1,1,1)
15. Lukas Baumann – 2 (d,1,1,0,0)
16. Steven Goret – 2 (d,1,0,1,0)
17. Dawid Rempała – 0 (0,w)
18. Ernest Matjuszonok – 0 (u,w,w,-,-)