The first round of the 2021 FIM Speedway U21 World Championship took place today on German ground. The competition was full of exciting races from the very beginning, where the riders were not afraid of ruthless action on the track.
After the main phase of today's event the only undefeated rider was Jakub Miśkowiak. The Pole also triumphed in his semi-final, which gave him the promotion to the grand final. However, in his last, decisive run Miśkowiak had to give up his victory to the representative of Denmark - Mads Hansen.
Wiktor Lampart also entered the semi-finals with twelve points. After a very good start in the second phase of the competition Mateusz Świdnicki's situation became complicated but eight points gave him the last place above the line.
The podium in Stralsund was completed by another Pole, Wiktor Lampart. Norick Blödorn showed a very good performance. The rider from Landshut, who started with a wild card, finished on a high fourth place!
On the other hand Jan Kvech definitely had a less successful event in Stralsund. The Czech, in his second start, had a fall which forced him to withdraw from the rest of the competition. Unfortunately, first speculations turned out to be true. Kvech broke his hand and wrist and he will have to take a break from racing. We wish Jan a speedy recovery!
The results of the first round of FIM U21 Speedway World Championship in Stralsund:
1.Mads Hansen (3,1,2,3,3,2,3) 17
2. Jakub Miśkowiak (3,3,3,3,3,3,2) 20
3. Wiktor Lampart (3,2,3,1,3,3,1) 16
4. Norick Blödorn (3,2,2,0,2,2,0) 11
5. Francis Gust (1,3,3,2,2,1) 12
6. Alexander Woentin (2,3,1,3,1,1) 11
7. Mark Karion (Ex,2,3,3,1,0) 9
8. Mateusz Świdnicki (2,3,1,2,0,0) 8
9. Daniił Kołodinski (0,1,2,2,3) 8
10. Petr Chlupáč (2,1,2,1,2) 8
11. Lukas Baumann (2,2,0,1,1) 6
12. Ernest Matiuszonok (1,0,0,2,2) 5
13. Matthew Gilmore (0,1,0,0,1) 2
14. Marko Lewiszyn (1,0,0,1,0) 2
15. Steven Goret (0,0,1,0,0) 1
16. Marius Hillebrand (1,0) 1
17. Jan Kvěch (1,F/-,-,-,-) 1
18. Fynn Ole Schmietendorf (0,0) 0