It's this Friday, June 29th, when in Latvian Daugavpils, world's top junior riders will start their rivalry in FIM Speedway U-21 World Champion
Line up of riders, who are about to fight for the first points in overall classification, includes representatives of Poland, Denmark, UK, Latvia, Sweden, Russia and Czech Republic. First round will be taken at the track of Lokomotiv Daugavpils, where young riders will fight at 373-meters track.
Title of the world's best junior, reached one year ago, will be defended by Maksym Drabik. Polish rider has a chance to level Darcy Ward's and Emil Sayfutdinov's achievement - both reached for this title twice.
Line up of 12 permanent riders was known after qualification rounds, which were held in Liberec, Vetlanda and Rawicz. The other three were revealed as permanent wild cards. Special wild card, only for the round in Daugavpils was handed to Oleg Mikhailovs, representing Latvia. After finishing the round in Daugavpils, riders are going to Leszno and the whole series is going to end in Pardubice.
First round starts on Friday, June 29th, 7 PM.
FIM Speedway U-21 World Championship, Round 1, Daugavpils:
1. #114 Andreas Lyager (Denmark)
2. #4 Daniel Kaczmarek (Poland)
3. #165 Filip Hajek (Czech Republic)
4. #8 Dominik Kubera (Poland)
5. #505 Robert Lambert (Great Britain)
6. #15 Davis Kurmis (Latvia)
7. #2 Gleb Chugunov (Russia)
8. #12 Robert Chmiel (Poland)
9. #6 Bartosz Smektała (Poland)
10. #16 Oleg Mikhailovs (Latvia)
11. #124 Patrick Hansen (Denmark)
12. #33 Filip Hjelmland (Sweden)
13. #98 Nick Skorja (Slovenia)
14. #99 Dan Bewley (Great Britain)
15. #1 Maksym Drabik (Poland)
16. #41 Fredrik Jakobsen (Denmark)
17. Artjoms Trofimovs (Latvia)
18. Ernests Matjushonoks (Latvia)