Maksym Drabik won in third World U-21 Championship round in Pardubice. Pole also took the victory in the GC.
First races gave fans a huge show already. In opening heat, Woentin and Krcmar had the best start, and they made a duel in the first corner. Max Fricke, who rode outside, used their battle to overtook them and take first victory. Also the second heat was interesting. The fastest below the tape was Patrick Hansen, who made a mistake on second straight. This time, Maksym Drabik used it to take the lead. Until the end, Hansen and Lambert, who passed each other a lot of times fought for second position.
Second series was the part of competition, when riders with less points on their accounts started to score. Lukas Fienhage and Kacper Woryna were the fastest on Friday evening. They were only unbeaten riders after two series. Futhermore, Pole had beaten Maksym Drabik, who increased his advantage in GC over Bartosz Smektała and Max Fricke.
In the middle of tournament, some riders who were on the top of the GC, didn’t have as much points as everybody expected. One of them was Robert Lambert. Briton made a lot of mistakes in the field. One of them was used by Alexander Woentin, who overtook British talent on third lap. Furthermore, Patrick Hansen rode very aggressive. In heat 12, Dane pushed between Jack Holder and Lukas Fienhage. Finally, Australian defend his second position.
To the delight of Polish fans, Bartosz Smektała increased his score in every series. In heat 15, „Smyk” showed a lot of pure speedway. Unia Leszno pupil passed from fourth to first position, but he lost a duel with Dominik Kubera. For sure, Smektała didn’t give up. He chased his friend to the last lap, where he overtook him on the first corner. At the same time, Max Fricke came close to Maksym Drabik. Australian, after a brave attack, passed from third to first place. At the moment, he was only 3 points behind leader in the GC.
Last series gave fans a lot of emotions. In heat 17, Max Drabik lost the start against Alexander Woentin and Jack Holder. In the field, „Torres” won a duel with Swede, but finally he didn’t catch Australian. That was ideal situation for Fricke, who had a chance to get closer to Drabik in GC. Unfortunately for him, he lost the start and finished race on first lap, so before semifinals, Bartosz Smektała came to the second place in general classification.
In semifinal, Maksym Drabik assured his first World U-21 Championship. Unfortunately, Max Fricke didn’t overtake Kacper Woryna in grand final. Finally, third place in Friday’s tournament gave him bronze in GC. Bartosz Smektała finished tournament with silver.
1. Maksym Drabik #133 (Poland) 18 (3,2,3,2,2,3,3)
2. Kacper Woryna #222 (Poland) 17 (3,3,1,3,2,3,2)
3. Max Fricke #1 (Australia) 13 (3,1,3,3,d,2,1)
4. Bartosz Smektała #115 (Poland) 12 (0,1,3,3,3,2,0)
5. Dimitri Berge #96 (France) 11 (2,2,2,2,2,1)
6. Jevgenijs Kostigovs #113 (Latvia) 10 (2,1,1,2,3,1)
7. Jack Holder #25 (Australia) 10 (1,3,2,1,3,0)
8. Eduard Krcmar #263 (Czech Republic) 9 (0,1,2,3,3,0)
9. Patrick Hansen #124 (Denmark) 8 (2,3,1,2,0)
10. Brady Kurtz #101 (Australia) 8 (0,2,3,1,2)
11. Lukas Fienhage #76 (Germany) (3,3,0,0,1)
12. Andreas Lyager Hansen #114 (Denmark) 6 (2,2,0,1,1)
13. Alexander Woentin #73 (Sweden) 4 (1,0,2,0,1)
14. Robert Lambert #505 (Great Britain) 3 (1,0,1,1,0)
15. Dominik Kubera #463 (Poland) 2 (1,0,0,0,1)
16. Patrik Mikel #16 (Czech Republic) 0 (0,0,0,0,0)
17. Josef Novak #17 (Czech Republic)
18. Filip Hajek #18 (Czech Republic)
1. (70,41) Max Fricke, Jevgenijs Kostigovs, Alexander Woentin, Eduard Krcmar
2. (69,97) Maksym Drabik, Patrick Hansen, Robert Lambert, Bartosz Smektała
3. (70,53) Kacper Woryna, Dimitri Berge, Jack Holder, Brady Kurtz
4. Lukas Fienhage, Andreas Lyager, Dominik Kubera, Patrik Mikel
5. Lukas Fienhage, Dimitri Berge, Bartosz Smektała, Alexander Woentin
6. (70,72) Jack Holder, Andreas Lyager Hansen, Eduard Krcmar, Robert Lambert
7. (71,59) Patrick Hansen, Brady Kurtz, Jevgenijs Kostigovs, Patrik Mikel
8. Kacper Woryna, Maksym Drabik, Max Fricke, Dominik Kubera
9. (70,53) Brady Kurtz, Alexander Woentin, Robert Lambert, Dominik Kubera
10. Bartosz Smektała, Eduard Krcmar, Kacper Woryna, Patrik Mikel
11. (69,75) Maksym Drabik, Dimitri Berge, Jevgenijs Kostigovs, Andreas Lyager Hansen
12. Max Fricke, Jack Holder, Patrick Hansen, Lukas Fienhage
13. Kacper Woryna, Patrick Hansen, Andreas Lyager Hansen, Alexander Woentin
14. Eduard Krcmar, Maksym Drabik, Brady Kurtz, Lukas Fienhage
15. Bartosz Smektała, Jevgenijs Kostigovs, Jack Holder, Dominik Kubera
16. Max Fricke, Dimitri Berge, Robert Lambert, Patrik Mikel
17. Jack Holder, Maksym Drabik, Alexander Woentin, Patrik Mikel
18. Eduard Krcmar, Dimitri Berge, Dominik Kubera, Patrick Hansen
19. Jevgenijs Kostigovs, Kacper Woryna, Lukas FIenhage, Robert Lambert
20. Bartosz Smektała, Brady Kurtz, Andreas Lyager Hansen, Max Fricke (d)
21. Kacper Woryna, Max Fricke, Dimitri Berge, Eduard Krcmar
22. Maksym Drabik, Bartosz Smektała, Jevgenijs Kostigovs, Jack Holder
23. Maksym Drabik, Kacper Woryna, Max Fricke, Bartosz Smektała