This year's series of Individual Speedway Junior World Championship is definitely far from being a good one for Eduard Krcmar. In two rounds, Czech rider got only 11 points and currently has a big loss to the top. However, last round will take place on Krcmar's homeland, which brings hope for a good ending of the season.
So far, Krcmar has been getting some good scores in Pardubice and he's got a clear aim for the third round, which comes on September 29th - advancing to the final heat at least.
- It's my last tournament, because next year I'll be a senior. My plan is to promote to the final heat. Two years back, I wasn't able to do that, but this year I want to end the season strongly and I really hope to do so.
As it was mentioned before, rounds in Poznań and Güstrow, didn't go according to his plan. In Poland, Czech got 5 points and in Germany it was only one point more. His fans however, expected way better results.
- It surely could've gone better. I wanted to get more points and be ranked in higher positions, but I didn't manage to do so. Well, it's just speedway.
To be fair, this year's series is tough when it comes to weather conditions. Some of the riders have been struggling a lot with that.
- In both rounds, track's conditions were really tough. It was raining, so it was not easy at all. However, these surfaces were equal for all. We had to manage it and I couldn't do it the way I wanted to. In Güstrow, I was really close to the semi-final, around 10 meters.
Round in Güstrow ended really harmfully for Krcmar. In his last heat, Czech fell dangerously and he's been feeling its effects till this day.
- It hurt a lot. My collarbone's still in pain, but it's all good. When I'm on the bike, I don't feel it, but when I move my hand I feel discomfort.
Krcmar has already ended his season in Poland and it was a very good one for Czech rider, because along with his team HAWA Start Gniezno, he advanced to the Nice 1 PLŻ. Young rider declares his will to continue racing in Gniezno.
- I'm pretty satisfied with this season. Start Gniezno is a good club and we've got a great bunch of guys over there. Thanks to all my team, who were fantastic. I really like it here. I hope that the next season will be as good as this one - Krcmar ended.
Final round of Eko-Dir FIM Speedway U-21 World Championship 2017 will be held in Pardubice, 29th of September, 7 PM CET.
1. #73 Alexander Woentin (Sweden)
2. #263 Eduard Krcmar (Czech Republic)
3. #113 Jevgenijs Kostigovs (Latvia)
4. #1 Max Fricke (Australia)
5. #115 Bartosz Smektała (Poland)
6. #505 Robert Lambert (Great Britain)
7. #124 Patrick Hansen (Denmark)
8. #133 Maksym Drabik (Poland)
9. #96 Dimitri Berge (France)
10. #25 Jack Holder (Australia)
11. #101 Brady Kurtz (Australia)
12. #222 Kacper Woryna (Poland)
13. #76 Lukas Fienhage (Germany)
14. #114 Andreas Lyager Hansen (Denmark)
15. #16 Patrik Mikel (Czech Republic)
16. #463 Dominik Kubera (Poland)
17. Josef Novak (Czech Republic)
18. Filip Hajek (Czech Republic)