Robert Lambert was ranked in 2nd position in Eko-Dir FIM Speedway U-21 World Championship 2017 Round 2 in Güstrow. British rider, thanks to his good performance is currently 5th overall, with a 4-point loss to Max Fricke, who's third.
Watered surface in Güstrow was very demanding. Some of the riders struggled with their bikes acting on this tough track. This list of riders also included Robert Lambert, who had a significant progress in the 2nd part of this meeting. Brit advanced to the semi-final, which he won and in the final heat, he came out on top, before Brady Kurtz, which ultimately gave him 2nd position.
- After the first round in Poznań, I didn't feel well. My result wasn't the one I had expected. This time, I was able to gather many points, thanks to which I'm slowly climbing to the top. It was my goal for the Güstrow round, which I was able to reach for.
Bronze medalist of the Individual Speedway Junior World Championship 2016 is still in the game of defending it. Thanks to 15 points gathered in Güstrow, Lambert is only 4 points down from Max Fricke (3rd overall). Final round will be taken in Pardubice. Brit underlines that Czech track is not any kind of a problem for him.
- Track in Pardubice is great. I've had a chance to race there and had some good scores there. I'm looking forward to repeat it once again - Lambert ended.
Final round of Eko-Dir FIM Speedway U-21 World Championship 2017 will be held in Pardubice, 29th of September, 7 PM CET.
1. #73 Alexander Woentin (Sweden)
2. #263 Eduard Krcmar (Czech Republic)
3. #113 Jevgenijs Kostigovs (Latvia)
4. #1 Max Fricke (Australia)
5. #115 Bartosz Smektała (Poland)
6. #505 Robert Lambert (Great Britain)
7. #124 Patrick Hansen (Denmark)
8. #133 Maksym Drabik (Poland)
9. #96 Dimitri Berge (France)
10. #25 Jack Holder (Australia)
11. #101 Brady Kurtz (Australia)
12. #222 Kacper Woryna (Poland)
13. #76 Lukas Fienhage (Germany)
14. #114 Andreas Lyager Hansen (Denmark)
15. #16 Patrik Mikel (Czech Republic)
16. #463 Dominik Kubera (Poland)
17. Josef Novak (Czech Republic)
18. Filip Hajek (Czech Republic)